The nervous rants of a uni student

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh the joys of working full time. I am really not used to this, not that I would call what I do hard work it is just the menial tasks that make it so utterly and totally boring. Spending 7 and a half hours stood on your feet all day having to deal with customers was not the way I envisaged spending 3 months of my life, but hey we all have to do it. Been pumping some iron at the gym tonight trying to get buff. Well I say pumping iron I was actually lying down on several different machines which manipulate your body and tone you up and you don't even break a sweat. Now that's my idea of a workout. I don't think it helps that I come back from the gym and promptly open a bottle of wine.

Had to laugh today at work when a big boss came into the shop and the two managers who had been topping up on coffee all day came into the shop floor and proceeded to make us all actually do some work. I know that we get paid for work but my argument is that without a little conversation between staff there is no moral and that isn't pleasant for customers. I know it sounds bull but it actually works, although I don't know whether they are just humouring me.

It was photo time again today. Thought I had got away with it after having a shot taken on Saturday where one the other staff was trying to hug me, don't know how that one will turn out, as I was trying to make a quick exit. They wanted the full-timer photos yesterday so I had the chance to say that I was only a part-timer but they weren't having it so it was another "You Been Framed" moment. Then we had the action shots today. I had to pretend to bag on the till whilst another staff member was pretending to put the items through. It didn't seem to matter that there were no customers at the till or that I was bagging no clothes but what a great action shot it was. It was a classic moment of cheese especially the photo where we all had to do thumbs up. Can't wait to see the company magazine with all the pictures in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home