The nervous rants of a uni student

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Have returned from the south to the beautiful north and was greeted as usual with rain, typical. The weekend has been wonderful. I traveled down Friday morning with my uncle and gran, my cousin and her fiance met us half way and we traveled together pretty much in sink. We set off about 9am and got there for about quarter to 5. We were stuck on the M25 for over an hour which was very hot and sticky, which was even worst for my cousin who had no air con which has been a sore point of the weekend as I have been telling her that I had to wear a coat as it was that cold in our car.

We were supposed to be having the rehearsal at 5:30 so there wasn't much point in changing as we were having dinner in the bar at the hotel. So as we were awaiting the arrival of the bride and groom we had a wander round the hotel dodging the golf balls. The meal was lovely and I had a very unusual Hawaiian pizza made with the obvious pineapple but instead of ham it was smoked chicken and pepper. It was rather tasty.

The bride left after the meal and we were left with a very nervous groom. He couldn't stay still. As the night was still young the four of us took a trip into Hastings and had a paddle in the sea, it was freezing.

Yesterday morning was supposed to be nice and sedate as the wedding wasn't until 3:30 so the four of us had a quiet breakfast overlooking a very lush golf course. The groom had apparently realized during the night that he had lost the wedding rings only to be told by the bride that she had taken them by accident but however she had lost her shoes, which he had found in the bag the rings where supposed to be in. Crisis averted. I spent the morning in the bar with my uncle who was rehearsing his speech as he was best man. People were arriving throughout the day and were promptly handed a cold alcoholic beverage. I don't know how we all stood up.

The wedding was lovely and the weather for the photos was perfect. A cartoonist spent the evening drawing charactatures of each guest. It was about this point that my memory fails and it becomes a wine induced mist. All I remember is that the bride and groom had a lovely day and they left us to it singing football anthems. The other things I remember are two people we christened Dallas and guns. The first because her outfit resembled what they wore shoulder pads included (apologies to people who wear shoulder pads it was just a hugely amusing ensemble). The second as he danced with gun fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home