The nervous rants of a uni student

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Posted the slide as promised. Mostly random pictures. My computer is slightly improved from Monday so was able to actually do something.

Not had the best day today, my mum found out that she has cancer in her descending colon and my gran has collapsed banging her head on a table. Mum is being really positive about it but it is just such a shock. I have always thought myself to be one of the lucky ones who haven' t had the unfortunate dallance with cancer. Then my grandma dies of it just before Christmas and on her funeral my great aunt had her breast removed due to cancer. Then a couple of months later my other great aunt has colon cancer, then my grandma's sister has skin cancer and NOW my mum. When will it stop. I have seen more cancer in 6 months than I have ever seen in my life.

My mum is strong and she will fight what ever the cancer throws at her. Hopefully they have caught it early and it will be resolved because she still has so much more of life's challenges to live through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home